Physical Therapy in Douglasville, GA
Physical therapy (also known as physiotherapy) is an important part of a treatment plan for many conditions. Our Douglasville Licensed Physical Therapists effectively help injured workers return to the workforce, people suffering from arthritis and people recovering from surgery.
A full rehabilitation and strengthening program is essential to ensure full recovery and in order to prevent re-injury or further injury. These exercises sometimes include muscle stretching, joint mobility exercises or muscle strengthening.
Custom Exercise and Stretching Programs Help the Body to Heal Faster After an Injury
Exercises may vary and change from patient to patient, but the goal is always the same. The aim of a rehabilitation program is to regain pre-injury levels in all aspects of physical fitness. Correction of muscle imbalance problems around the shoulder, hip or knee are addressed effectively with exercise rehabilitation guided by a trained professional. Core stability muscles are also an important part of the treatment of chronic lower back pain.
Benefits of Physical Rehabilitation:
- Reduces or eliminates pain
- Can help avoid surgery
- Improves mobility
- Recover from or prevent sports injuries
- Improves balance
- Manages diabetes and vascular conditions
- Helps manage and prevent health issues due to aging
Physical Rehabilitation Modalities Used at Our Integrated Medical Center
- Exercise Rehabilitation: Therapeutic exercises help to alleviate pain by improving the muscle strength and flexibility. Our licensed physical therapists are trained to restore mobility while often reducing the need for long-term use of prescription medications and their side effects.
- Spinal Adjustments: Spinal adjustments help to promote optimal nervous system function thereby reducing / eliminating pain and increasing the body’s ability to heal itself.
- Neuromuscular Massage: Coupled with chiropractic adjustments and exercise rehabilitation, massage therapy can help to relieve musculo-skeletal stress and pain for our patients.
- Dry Needling: Needles are placed in targeted areas know as trigger points to decrease pain, improve flexibility and increase range of motion.
Call Us to Schedule an Appointment for Physical Therapy: (770) 942-5575